June 25, 2009

Never thought I would hate being called a name

Usually when people first meet me they ask if they should call me Jake or Jacob. My reply to them is, "I don't care. You can call me "hey you!" if you want."
Then people Find out that my middle name is Jacob and that my first name is William. So they just ask me why I do not go by William or Will. To which I reply. I just have never answered to William or Will and if you try to talk to me and call me William the chances of me realizing your talking to me is slim.
So as the wedding approached Cassie said that her family might get confused by the William Jacob Shelley on the invitations. Worried that people might call me William or Will. I said I did not mind. But I never realized that people might call me Bill. But not only call me Bill they would but it on cards, Gifts and other things. So when I started to see this. I was disturbed. Allot more than I ever thought I would be. Bill?? My granfather on my mothers side is a Bill. My uncle is a Bill. Cassies Grandfather on her mothers side is a Bill. I am not a Bill. I did not put Bill on the invitations or on the registrys or anywhere at all. I did not even hint at ever wanting to be called Bill.
I laugh at it now. But when I first saw it, it sent shivers down my spine, and not the good shivers either. Both Cassie and I both got this name change thing in our gifts she got Cassy. Both of us were a little annoyed. But we laugh at it now. What can you do really. But for everyone out there. I am a Jake or Jacob and it's Cassandra or Cassie.

No comments: