September 15, 2010

Not wanted.

So I keep learning the hard way that it is very difficult to get anywhere in this world. As of December of 2009 I have been out of work. I have applied for many jobs, but apparently I am not good enough for any of them.
The only full time job that I have gotten was one trying to sell credit card machines. Honestly I hated that job from day 2. I hated trying to sell a product that I didn't know anything about to someone that had possibly received a call 5 min earlier from someone trying to sell the same thing. I also noticed how dishonest you have to be. One of the salesman was constantly pushing that you should tell people that you are from somewhere else and not the company you say you are with. really. to make money I have to lie, even if it is a little white lie? I think I will stay unemployed thank you. I didn't earn one penny there. Just a headache and a lost ego.
So I have been job hunting since. No one is hiring or they have to many applicants in my chosen job field.
So a good friend of mine sent a job my way. He wanted me there and gave me a great reference and the man I would be working under said he really wanted me there. But the people that never met me said I was not good enough. Even though I am willing to work hard and learn as much as possible. Three things going for me and one thing against and I still lose.
Ugg! I am so tired of job hunting for jobs and getting nothing out of it. Sure they say there are jobs out there. But I can't pay my bills getting paid $8 or $10 an hour. So here I sit. Where a year ago I was making about $21 an hour, to now I am earning $12.5o an hour on unemployment.

1 comment:

Barefoot Cassandra said...

Hey baby. Good goals. How is it going so far?