May 18, 2009

Our we DeValuing our money?

     I hear every day every one wanting to become the next Millionaire. and you hear about it all the time. But what has happened seems to be hurting us rather than helping us. Now the rich people instead of being millionaires have to be billionaires.
     Of course I have heard also that the typical CEO of a company use to make lets say 90 times the average employee and now they make nearly 250 times the average employee. Is not the 90 times enough? Can you not buy plenty of your toys getting 90X my yearly or monthly salary? Have we become a country of so much greed that we are willing to throw any morals aside in the quest for a bigger Humvee before turning it in for a massive loss because we hated it.
     We encourage Crap products to be built. And someones makes it for $0.05 and sells it for $10 and we get this idea that its great. He or She makes millions of dollars because we have to buy it over and over again.
     These Big companies outsource American designed products to some third world country that replace the metal with plastic. The CEO of the company gets a Big raise and a bonus on top of that. Then 6 months later he leaves the company with a big lawsuit on it because the product is faulty. Does he care? No because he has made his millions.
      I realize there is very little or nothing I can personally do about this. I just have a gripe that everyone thinks that they are entitled to be a millionaire. Now it seems Millionaires are a dime a dozen. I wish we could fix this. But the mentality of this country and its people would not allow this. Everyone wants money. We all want that bigger house. I admit I am sometimes one of those people. But I still don't think it is right that the average CEO salary has grown 4x faster than the average employee.

No comments: