February 18, 2009

Not everyone is alike.

    I have been looking over the past few months and years to my life and I have noticed one thing that almost everyone seems to have in common. They think everyone should be like them. 
I will explain.

    I don't drink. I have sipped a few differen drinks out of curiosity and have decided that it is in no way for me. I hate the taste, I do not like the places you have to go to get the "Good Stuff" and I don't like the lifestyle. But I don't mind that someone else decides to drink, as long as they do it responsibly. But I have been told my many a drinker that I have just tried the "Wrong drink" and they always will recommend a different one. Which I will reply with "I am just not interested" But always they will just say I have tried the wrong drink, It was mixed wrong, you tried the wrong brand.  But in the end I know it's just, I do not like it. it is not for me. 
  
    But this is not just to the drinkers or "Worldly People". Religion does it also. one of those is that if you don't see something as a miracle. You see it as good people, Good luck, or anything else. Not that you deny there is a god. Just that you don't think he controls everyone like a puppet. We all struggle with prayer, to which someone always answers with something like "You don't pray right". I have been guilty of this myself being of the mind that most people are lazy and want things given to them. It is not right of me to say, but sadly I do. 
    
    Being LDS, I also hear allot about the temple. I do not hate the temple. I have liked to go. But there are some things that have made me UN-easy in the past. The typical response I have heard is. "You just have to go more often." Or "You did not go in with the right frame of mind." All these answers are the same answers a drinker will give me.  Just worded differently. If I do not like something. Is that not my choice anymore. If I feel out of place or have a distaste for something that is my choice. 

   Most people accept that I do not like tomatoes. Why can't they accept that I don't like some temple ordnance. Or that I just do not like to drink alcohol. Why can't the atheist accept that I believe in god. why cant democrats accept that I think government should have a much smaller roll. Why cant the rich and the poor accept that the other is not a snob or lazy trash.  My thought is, They want you to be like them.  They want you to just accept and love everything they do. Being different to people is considered bad.

No comments: