April 12, 2012

Who is really Christian.

I will outright admit I am Mormon. I will argue that I am more Christian than most people in other religions who call themselves Christian.
Many born agains try to say if you are Mormon you are not a Christian. Well I would say by that argument you are less Christian than any true Mormon out there.
My arguments also go into your beliefs and I can call them false and anti Christian and I could even go deeper into your beliefs and say your religion is not Christian. This can even go into the Catholics which every born again religion is a break off. This though is not the topic of this blog and I do not intend on going any further into this than I currently have. What I want to do is give the basics why I as a Mormon am Christian.
First. Jesus Christ is my lord and savior. This is the belief of the LDS church. He is the one that has done all for us and all paths lead to him. Joseph Smith was only one of Christ mouth pieces. Bringing us more teachings and more understanding of who Christ and are heavenly father are. Being separate in being but same is purpose.
I believe in the teachings of the bible. I know that the bible is the teachings of Christ and his prophets. This is both the old and new testament. Some of these teachings are to love and accept everyone. But I also understand that the bible as the name means is a collection of books. Not one book. This is something that many that do not know but will constantly argue about. We will always learn and our Heavenly father will never leave us on our own. He will speak to us through our prayers, our friends, His prophets and thier teachings and writings.
I am also forgiving. I do not say I am perfect and sometimes I have been quick to anger. But I forgive others like Christ and my heavenly father has required of me. This most importantly is why I am Christian. I follow Christ example. I strive to be more like him. That makes me Christian.

No comments: